Monday, June 12, 2017

From the web: America's Funniest Home Videos


America's Funniest Home Videos might be one of the most reliable sources of ballbusting clips on television. There's at least one nut shot in virtually every episode, and it usually goes with a funny sound effect or a witty one-liner.

I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of the show (probably because I'm not a huge fan of grandpas getting hit in the junk by little kids) - but I found an interview with AFV head writer Mike Palleschi by Entertainment Weekly that I really enjoyed.

Here are some of the questions:

- Why is a groin hit so funny? Are we wired as humans to laugh at searing pain delivered in a split second to an unsuspecting victim that’s not us?
- What makes for a good groin hit? How much of it is impact and how much of it is aftermath?
- By the way, what is the proper terminology to use? Groin hit? Crotch hit? Nut shot?
- We see more crotch hits with men than women. Is it just a male-dominated genre, for obvious reasons of plumbing?
- Are any too graphic — or just painful — to show?
- I know that you couldn’t air naked ones, but do people send them in?
- Is there one clip that’s considered the best or favorite in the writers’ room?
- What would be the dream groin hit? Is there one that you’d like to see?


Even if you're not interested in the interview you might enjoy these clips from the shows official youtube channel.

First up we have the clip that inspired the interview above: 600 Groin Hits in 600 Seconds to Celebrate AFV's 600th Episode! Lean back, relax and watch 1.200 testicles getting crunched! 

Fun fact: Nutshot #381 (pictured at the top of this post) is the one that made me realize I was into ballbusting. I watched it on television when I was a boy (probably just as old as the poor sod getting whacked in the goolies) and I just couldn't get it out of my head...


Here's another compilation from the show. In this web special, we have a host who's obviously very much into nutshots. "This is an episode of just groin hits. I'm so glad we're doing this! It's like shark week - with groins!" He walks us through one of his favorite clips ("anatomy of a groin hit") before showing us 30 Groin Hits in 30 seconds. I like this clip mostly because of the host's enthusiasm so make sure you watch it with the sound on...


Finally here's a clip featuring the same host interviewing Andy Dick and Paris Dillon (who submitted a video of his little brother hitting his groin a couple of years ago). It's not the greatest clip but I enjoyed it nevertheless...


Okay, where was I? Oh yeah, the EW interview with Mike Palleschi. Make sure you read it. It's fun! And if you stumble upon any interesting interviews or articles of interest let me know by leaving a comment or sending me an email (alex@ballbustingboys.org).

Thanks!

No comments: