Thursday, February 23, 2017

New archive structure


I have been a little unhappy with the look story archive at the top of the blog for a while now. All those tabs, some of them containing two or three stories, some of them containing almost a dozen stories - in a messed-up alphabetical order because apparently I lost track of my A to Z's at some point...

See what I mean?


Urgh...

So I decided to clean house today.

There are four tabs now:
- Stories A-Z lists every single story I have ever written and published on this blog in alphabetical order (at least until I mess it up again...). It's a long list but, well, I have written a lot of stories...
- Guest authors & collaborations gives you all the stories that have been submitted by readers or written in a collaborative effort by me and another writer (in no particular order).
- Best of the busts leads you to the stories that you have liked best every month since January 2016 (based on the 5 star rating at the bottom of each post).
- Video links is pretty self-explanatory I guess...

Doesn't this look a lot better?


The downside of my cleaning house is that there will probably lots of broken links on this blog that used to lead to one of the eliminated tabs. So if you stumble across one please let me know so I can fix it.

Phew.

I'm tired now.

We'll deal with the mess in the side columns another time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks much more clean indeed. I also appreciate that you now have that complete alphabetical list. Might give me the chance to finally get into some of the old stories that I haven't read before.

Alex said...

Thanks for your feedback! I hope you'll enjoy my old stories. :-))

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this! I really appreciate the new organization, it helps a lot with finding old stories that I forgot the title of too :)

Alex said...

Thanks for your comment! I hope you'll find the stories you are looking for! If you need help just let me know! :-))